- As on 30-06-2022, a total amount of ₹19,312.87 crore was disbursed for the FY 2021-22.
- Out of ₹ 19,312.87 crore, ₹ 450 crore was provided under SRF 2021, and ₹ 344.03 crore was provided under Promoting Green Housing Refinance Scheme (PGHRS) and ₹ 7,645.65 crore was provided under AHF and ₹ 10,873.19 crore under Regular Refinance facilities of NHB.
- During FY 2021-22, the Bank carried out on-site inspections of 80 HFCs based on CAMELS approach where capital adequacy, asset quality, management aspects, earnings, liquidity and systems and control were examined.
- A subsidy of ₹ 8,899.52 crore benefitting 3.61 lakh households was disbursed during 2021-22 under PMAY-CLSS with a cumulative disbursement of ₹ 38,857.30 crore benefitting 16.78 lakh households till June 30, 2022. Till June 30, 2022, a subsidy of ₹17.27 crore was disbursed under Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS) benefitting 8,787 households.
- Bank introduced Housing Finance Repository (HFR) portal, a step forward for creating a centralized repository of data on Housing finance which provides a seamless way to PLIs to share data on Housing finance with NHB.
- To track the movement in prices of residential properties in 50 select cities, NHB published NHB RESIDEX, on a quarterly basis till March 2022. NHB has setup in house capabilities for computation and publication of NHB RESIDEX starting quarter ending December 2021.
- Under “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM)” from August 2021 to August 2023, NHB is organizing various events and activities related to outreach and development of financial services related to “Janta se Judna- Housing and Housing Finance Sector” across India.
- The Bank conducted 11 meetings of CEOs of HFCs including Outreach Programmes on the theme ‘Housing and Housing Finance in India’ across various states in India.
- Total refinance disbursements of ₹34,230 crore in June’21 as compared to₹ 31,258 crore during previous year, an increase of about 9.51 per cent.
- Affordable Housing Fund disbursements increased from ₹4,888 crore to ₹ 9,631 crore during June’20 to June’21.
- Disbursement of ₹ 452 crore under the Special Refinance Facility (SRF) scheme.
- Out of total ₹ 5,000 crore allocated by RBI under Additional Special Liquidity Facility (ASLF), disbursement of ₹ 3,927 crore made under NHB’s Additional Special Refinance Facility (ASRF) scheme till June’21.
- Out of total ₹10,000 crore allocated by RBI under Special Liquidity Facility-2 (SLF-2), disbursement of ₹7,662 crore made under NHB’s Special Refinance Facility 2021 (SRF-2021) Scheme till June 30, 2021.
- For promoting Green Housing under the NHB-AfD program, ₹225 crore disbursed.
- Bank launched an ‘Online Inspection Report System’ during FY21, to digitize and ease the process of submission of reports.
- Embarked on an ambitious project “Automated Data Flow System (ADF)”, to receive granular data from HFC systems to NHB systems in a seamless, automated manner without manual intervention based on set frequencies.
- A subsidy of ₹8,325 crore benefitting 3.61 lakh households was disbursed during 2020-21 under PMAY-CLSS with a cumulative disbursement of ₹29,958 crore benefitting 13.16 lakh household till June 30, 2021.
- To track the movement in prices of residential properties in 50 select cities, NHB published NHB RESIDEX, on a quarterly basis till March 2021.
- Outstanding refinance increased from ₹ 69,095 crore to ₹ 82,753 crore
- Total refinance disbursements crossed ₹30,000 crore
- Disbursement of ₹ 9,244 crore under the Liquidity Infusion Facility (LIFt) Scheme
- Of the total amount of ₹ 10,000 crore allocated by RBI under Special Liquidity Facility (SLF), disbursement of ₹ 9,537 crore was made under NHB’s Special Refinance Facility (SRF) Scheme
- For the first time 3 Small Finance Banks were added as new clients
- Subsidy of ₹7,572 crore benefitting 3,31,924 households was disbursed under PMAY-CLSS with a cumulative disbursement of ₹21,633 crore benefitting 9,55,288 households
- The Total Assets of the Bank crossed ₹75,000 crore
- Refinance Disbursements of the Bank crossed ₹25,000 crore
- Refinance Outstanding of the Bank crossed ₹69,000 crore
- Pursuant to the announcement in the Union Budget 2019, necessary amendments were proposed in the National Housing Bank Act 1987. Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance vide notification No. S.O.2902 (E) dated 09.08.2019 has notified 09.08.2019, as the date from which the provisions of Part VII of Chapter VI of the Finance (No.2) Act, 2019 shall come into force. Accordingly w.e.f. 09.08.2019, the regulation of HFCs stands transferred to RBI.
- Launched the revamped NHB RESIDEX and now covers 50 cities
- The Finance Act, 2018 amended certain provisions of the National Housing Bank Act, 1987, inter alia, enabling transfer of share capital of NHB from Reserve Bank to Central Government
- Government of India announced the establishment of Affordable Housing Fund in NHB
- Cumulative Refinance Disbursements crossed ₹2 lakh crore mark
- Infusion of capital of ₹1000 crore by RBI
- PAT of ₹792 crore
- NHB, as a Central Nodal Agency (CNA) for implementation of CLSS, signed MoUs with 145 PLIs. As on 30-06-2016, NHB disbursed an interest subsidy of ₹119.53 crore to 57 Primary Lending Institutions
- A 24×7 on-line portal was developed and implemented for PLIs to lodge CLSS claims in order to reduce the turnaround time at NHB for processing interest subsidy under CLSS
- Three research studies were commissioned during the year
- Total assets size of NHB crossed ₹50,000 crore mark in 2014-15.
- Refinance disbursements scaled a new height of ₹21,847 crore during the year 2014-15, registering an increase of 22.35% over the disbursements of ₹17,856 crore in 2013-14. This was the highest ever annual disbursement made by NHB.
- Refinance disbursements of loans upto 10 lakh reached the figure of ₹9,710 crore in the year 2014-15 against ₹6,173 crore in the previous year.
- 25.38% of the refinance disbursements were made towards rural housing viz. Rural Housing Fund (RHF) and Golden Jubilee Rural Housing Finance Scheme (GJRHFS).
- During 2014-15, 6 Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) have been granted the Certificate of Registration (CoR) under Section 29A of the National Housing Bank Act, 1987, whereby the number of HFCs registered with NHB, increased to 65 as on 30-06-2015.
- Implemented the Grievance Registration & Information Database System (GRIDS), 24×7 on-line database system, which facilitates the customer of housing finance company/NHB to lodge a complaint and also track its status.
- Implemented Risk Based Internal Audit (RBIA) System.
- Has been designated as Central Nodal Agency for the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- In-house magazine “Aawas Bharti” was awarded the first prize for 2013-14 by the RBI.
- “Aawas Bharti” was also awarded the first prize from Delhi Bank Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC).
- Operating Profit by about 18% and Profit after Tax increased by over 8% from ₹450 Crore to ₹487 Crore
- Total units financed under Golden Jubilee Rural Housing Finance Scheme were 3,83,971 units The total units financed since inception stood at 42,98,863 units
- NHB and Department For International Development, DFID of UK have entered into an agreement for DFID’s assistance to NHB to the tune of £50 million for promoting affordable housing in eight Low Income States (LIS) as per the terms & conditions mentioned therein which include income, loan size as important parameters
- NHB in partnership with World Bank through Government of India, initiated a program to encourage the flow of funds to the urban poor for their housing requirements Under the program, NHB will be receiving loan of US $100 million (approx) over a period of five years from World Bank which will be used to refinance the retail loans extended by the Primary Lending Institutions (PLIs) which conform to the criteria laid down under the program
- NHB entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) with respect to promoting Energy Efficient Homes, sharing of information, capacity building, networking in events and meetings and establishing Synergy between “NHB Energy Efficient Homes & IGBC Green Homes”
- Mobilised 4000 crore through issuance of Tax Free Bonds, having benefits under Section 10(15)(iv)(h) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, through public issues/ Private placement for tenors of 10/15/20 years. All the issues were oversubscribed on the first day. The Bonds are listed and tradable on National Stock Exchange
- Refinance Disbursements of ₹17635 Crore in the year 2012-2013 registering an increase of 22% from the year 2011-2012
- Three new products developed viz Special Refinance Scheme for Urban Low Income Housing, Refinance Scheme for Installation of Sola Water Heating and Lighting Equipments in homes & Refinance Scheme for Construction Finance for Affordable Housing
- 10 year tax free bond mobilized including issuance through public issue at an average yield of 6.94%
- NHB RESIDEX expanded by 6 new cities viz Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Meerut, Nagpur & Raipur thereby now covering 26 cities
- Bank’s in-house magazine “Awas Bharti” won first prize in the competition organized by Delhi Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC)
- Refinance Disbursements of ₹14390 Crore in the year 2011-2012 registering an increase of 22% from the year 2010-2011
- Disbursement of 5607 Crore towards Rural Housing which constituted 39% of the total refinance Disbursements
- NHB-Residex expanded from January 2012 to cover 5 new cities taking the total number of cities to 20
- Credit Risk Guarantee Fund Trust for Low Income Housing (CRGFTLIH) set up on 1st May 2012 to be managed by NHB
- The Skoch Financial Inclusion Awards – 2012 conferred to NHB for its project in Energy Efficient New Residential Housing in India in the “Housing” Category
- Certificate of Merit for Energy Efficient Housing for year 2012 from Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP) awarded to NHB
- NHB Conferred with “Best Employer Brand Award” at the IPE BFSI Awards 2012
- NHB disbursements crossed ₹ 12,000 crore mark, an all-time high
- Collaboration with KfW, Germany for promotion of Energy Efficient Housing
- SKOCH Financial Inclusion Award 2011 for its intervention in rural housing
- ADFIAP Award for Development Finance-led Poverty Alleviation for the year 2011
- 2 More Regional Representative Offices (RRO’s) were opened at Patna and Bhopal taking the count of total RRO’s to eight
- Development of Asia Pacific Union for Housing Finance (APUHF) with other institutions/countries in the South Asia region
- 10 New cities added to the NHB RESIDEX
- RML Counselling Programme launched and counselling centres opened at four cities
- Housing Information Portal (HIP) launched
- NHB SUNIDHI and NHB SUVRIDHI, the two term deposit schemes launched
- 6th Regional Representative Office gets operational at Ahmadabad
- Establishment of Rural Housing Fund (RHF) with NHB
- Rural Housing Microfinance was launched
- NHB-UNESCAP Study on pro-poor housing finance: 7 Asian Countries initiated
- MOC with UNHABITAT signed for water and sanitation projects for housing
- Home Loan Counselling: Diploma program put in place with IIBF
- Three Regional Office opened at Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata
- NHB RESIDEX was launched (first official residential housing price index)
- New Products Developed for unserved and underserved segments of Society
- Reverse Mortgage Loan for Senior Citizens
- Productive Housing in Rural Areas (PHIRA)
- Refinance for Top-up loan for Indira Awas Yojana Beneficiaries
- Equity Participation in New Rural Housing Finance Companies
- Occasional Papers & Discussion Papers Series launched
- First Regional Office opened at Hyderabad
- Fraud Management Cell set up to disseminate information on frauds committed on housing loans
- First time provided Corporate Guarantee for RMBS
- Liberalized Refinance Scheme for Housing Loans
- First Residential Mortgaged Backed Securitization Issue in the Country
- Guidelines for Entry of HFCs into Insurance Business
- Refinance Scheme for reconstruction of dwelling units in the earthquake affected areas in Gujarat
- Launched Golden Jubilee Rural Housing Finance Scheme (GJRHFS)
- Issued Tax Free Bonds to finance GJRHFS
- Drawn from ADB US$20m in 1997-98 and US$30m in 1998-99
- Launched the issue of Unsecured Bonds
- Guidelines for Prudential Norms for HFCs were issued
- Refinance Schemes for Slum Redevelopment Projects
- Received a Loan Assistance of Yen 2,970 billion from OECF (now JBIC)
- Launch of Scheme for Financing Housing Infrastructure
- NHB was notified as a Public Financial Institution
- Launch of Home Loan Account Scheme
- Issued Housing Finance Companies (NHB) Directions, 1989
- Raised Loan of US$25m (first tranche) under USAID Govt Housing Guaranty Program
- Establishment of NHB
- Launch of Refinance Schemes for housing loans
- Launch of Schemes for Land Development & Shelter Projects
- Launch of Scheme for Equity Participation in Housing Finance Companies (HFCs)/ Building Materials Companies