REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR EMPANNELMENT OF COMPUTER HARDWARE, & SOFTWARE VENDORS
Information Technology Department
Head Office, National Housing Bank
Core 5-A, 3 rd Floor , India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road ,
New Delhi – 110 003
Note: Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders who choose to attend as above.
|1.||Date of commencement of sale of Bidding Documents||05/03/2008|
|2.||Last date and time for sale of Bidding Documents||26/03/2008
|3.||Last date and time for receipt of Bidding Documents||26/03/2008
|4.||Date and Time of Bid Opening||27/03/2008
|5.||Cost of RFP||Nil|
|6.||Earnest Money Deposit Amount||Rs.50,000/- (Rs. Fifty Thousand Only)|
|7.||Place of opening of Bids||National Housing Bank,
Information Technology Department
Core 5-A, 3rd Floor,
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003
INSTRUCTION TO BIDDER
National Housing Bank
National Housing Bank (NHB), a statutory organisation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India, formed under the Act of the Parliament.
NHB is the regulator for housing finance companies (HFC). It also provides finance to financial institutions such as Banks, HFCs, Co-operative Sector Institutions, Housing Agencies, etc. under its various schemes benefiting the masses both in urban and rural areas.
The head office of NHB is located in New Delhi and a regional office located at Mumbai. It has Representative offices located at Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
1.1 National Housing Bank (hereinafter referred to as the Bank) with Head Office at New Delhi is interested to empanel vendors supplying computer hardware, peripherals, UPS and General software Items, who can supply various computer items to the Bank as per its requirements and within reasonable time frame.
1.2 The purpose of RFP is to solicit proposals from qualified vendors for empanelment.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The vendors will be empanelled based on pre-qualification criteria (enclosed in Annexure-A) and technical evaluation criteria (Clause No. 15) as specified in this RFP. The Bank will invite Commercial Quotations from empanelled vendors for supply of IT equipments as per Bank’s need. Indicative terms and conditions for procurement of IT equipments in the Bank are mentioned below. It may be noted that actual terms and condition will be mentioned specifically at the time of calling of commercial proposals for purchase of computer items.
2.1. TECHNICAL TERMS
2.1.1 Hardware & Peripherals
- To supply, commission, install, test, configure and maintain the Servers, PCs, Nodes and peripherals which will include site requirements, power, cables, connectors, network cards, ports, UPS etc which are approved by the bank, at various locations identified by the bank.
- The vendor will pass on to the bank, the benefit of discounts if any announced during any period in respect of orders placed during that period.
- The Vendor will also provide the latest model available, if there is upward revision in the model offered, at no extra cost to Bank.
- The accessories required for the equipment should also be specified.
- Vendor should specify various infrastructure requirements which need to be provided for commissioning and smooth functioning of the equipment.
- The bank reserves the right to shift the equipment to a suitable location depending upon the need. The vendor will arrange to shift the equipment and install and commission the same; The actual charges for shifting can be born by the Bank.
- Vendor should provide comprehensive on-site warranty of 3 years. Warranty should cover the following:-
- The equipment should be attended with four hours of receipt of complaint. In case problems persist, systems should be replaced within 48 hours of receiving complaint and alternate system should be given till machine is repaired. The replaced equipment should be installed, so that normal job of the purchaser may not hamper.
- Warranty would cover updates/maintenance patches/bug fixes (available from the original software vendor) for system software & firmware patches/bug fixes, if any, for hardware.
- The vendor should provide on site preventive maintenance on regular interval.
The scope of service will include:
O/S tuning including but not limited to Disk checking/File management/reloading of pre loaded/ordered software/updation of software
Cleaning of floppy drive/CD Drive including Lens Cleaning/Backup Drive
Any other check/service that will make equipment work smoothly and as per system uptime on regular basis.
Printers and other equipment
All parts in Printers including printer heads are included under warranty except consumables (ribbon cartridge, Toner cartridges and stationery only) and plastic parts.
Checking the printer or the equipment, cleaning of contacts etc. so that the printer or other equipment works in most efficient manner.
The vendor should provide on site preventive maintenance on regular interval including but not limited to Cleaning of equipments, Checking of Battery backup capacity, UPS cabling and power supply. All Parts of UPS are included under warranty.
– The vendor will obtain written acknowledgement from purchaser after completion of warranty period for successful sign off of warranty period. The warranty period will get extended by 3 months for each failure to provide quality service, which is required to be provided by vendor.
– In case of repetitive hardware failure (two or three times in a quarter) it shall be replaced by equivalent new equipment by vendor at no extra cost to Bank.
– Vendor should undertake to provide maintenance support (Post warranty) to equipment and arrange for spare parts for a minimum period of 3 years if bank desires to take. Comprehensive annual maintenance contract (AMC) has to be entered into separately with the bank, for this purpose. The bidder shall provide support services for 7days x (9 AM to 9PM) with 4 hrs response time unless specified otherwise and also execute the Master AMC agreement with the Purchaser as per format provided in the due course of time without any exception.
– All the parts of items would be covered under comprehensive warranty/AMC except consumables (printer ribbon, toner, cartridges, floppy disk etc.). If there is any gap between Bank’s requirement and OEM warranty/AMC then it will be the responsibility of bidder to fill up the gap.
– Vendor has to carryout patch management activity during the warranty/AMC period as per Bank’s requirement. Vendor has to undertake BIOS upgrade wherever the requirement is felt by bank (Warranty/AMC).
– Vendor has to guarantee minimum uptime of 99% and should be ready to execute service level agreement for the same. The vendor has to provide proper evidence to support their claim of capability to provide service at various locations. For calculation purpose of up time, Bank will consider business hours between 9 AM to 9 PM. It will be calculated on quarterly basis. Bank will charge penalty in case of not meeting the up time requirement. For every fall of 1% in up time, charges calculated twice that period will recovered/adjusted from payment due. During warranty and AMC period, AMC rate would be considered for calculation purpose. For this purpose total elapsed time between receiving the break down message (over telephone or otherwise) and making the system functional or providing standby machine, will be treated as down time.
2.1.2 General Software Items
To supply, install, test, configure, demonstrate the general software items having following categories:
- Operating System
- Application development tools / Application servers
- Design tools
- Office tools
- Web servers
- Hindi/Bilingual Software
- Antivirus Software
- Other utility software etc.
– To replace media, upon Corruption of media within 90 days from the date of installation, if media is ordered.
– One time installation and demonstration of the product is free of cost.
2.2 GENERAL TERMS
The tender is for empanelment of vendors for supplying computer hardware, peripherals, UPS and General Software items, as and when required. Commercial quotation will be called from the empanelled vendors only on need basis. Each time, offer will be given to L1 bidder. Bank Reserves its right to cancel the empanelment of any vendor or blacklist any empanelled vendor without assigning any reasons if the services of the vendor/vendors is not found suitable. In that case, bank can also forfeit the EMD amount of the empanelled vendor deposited with the Bank.
|Delivery Period:-||Upto 2 weeks from the date of order.|
For hardware and Peripherals 90% payment will be made against delivery & Installation and providing licenses. 10 % payment will be made after completion of successful warranty period. However, 100% payment may be released to the on delivery & Installation and issuance of licenses, on submission of Bank Guarantee of 10% order value valid upto warranty period. For General Software Items 100% payment will be made against delivery & Installation and providing licenses and demonstration of the product to the identified Bank’s officials.
|Acceptance:-||Bank has a right to cancel the order if the same is not accepted within a period of 7 days from the date of order.|
|Taxes:-||The prices quoted at the time of submitting commercial bid should be inclusive of all taxes and duties|
Vendor will get the Insurance cover, for all risk, upto the delivery and Installation of the system. The cost of the same will be borne by the vendor. Vendor has to submit a copy of the bills so that the Bank may get a new insurance cover after stipulated delivery period of the system, in case installation is delayed due to Bank.
Penalty of 1% of purchase order per week delay in supply of items after 2 weeks of acceptance of order will be charged. The total amount of penalty for late delivery may not exceed 10% of order amount. Bank reserves its rights to cancel the whole/part of the order without assigning any reasons thereon and no damages/claims/payments shall be payable by the bank in lieu thereof.
In case of any dispute at any stage, the same shall be settled at a court of Law situated within the Union Territory of Delhi.
3. COST OF BIDDING
The bidder shall bear all the costs associated with the preparation and submission of bid and bank will in no case be responsible or liable for these costs regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bidding process.
4. BIDDING DOCUMENT
The bidder is expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms and conditions and technical specifications in the Bidding Document. Submission of a bid not responsive to the Bidding Document in every respect will be at the bidder’s risk and may result in the rejection of its bid without any further reference to the bidder.
5. AMENDMENTS TO BIDDING DOCUMENTS
At any time prior to the last Date and Time for submission of bids, the Bank may, for any reason, modify the Bidding Document by amendments at the sole discretion of the bank. All amendments will be either uploaded in the website or shall be delivered by hand / post / courier or through e-mail or faxed to all prospective bidders, who have received the bidding document and will be binding on them. For this purpose bidders must provide name of the contact person, mailing address, telephone number and FAX numbers on the covering letter sent along with the bids.
In order to provide, prospective bidders, reasonable time to take the amendment if any, into account in preparing their bid, the Bank may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for submission of bids.
6. PERIOD OF VALIDITY
Bids shall remain valid for Six Months from the date of bid opening prescribed by the Bank. A bid valid for shorter period shall be rejected by the bank as non-responsive.
7. BID EARNEST MONEY
The bidder has to submit the bid earnest money of Rs.50,000 (Rs. Fifty Thousand only) (refundable after 2 years of empanelment for successful bidders and after finalizing the selection process for unqualified bidders) in the form of demand draft favouring National Housing Bank, payable at Delhi. EMD draft should be submitted with the bid.
8. BIDDING PROCESS (TECHNICAL BID ONLY)
For the purpose of the present job, The bidder will have to submit the bid in a red lakh-sealed envelope (wax seal), duly super scribing“EMPANNELMENT FOR SUPPLY OF HARDWARE,PERIPHERALS & GENERAL SOFTWARE ITEMS“.
The BID will not contain any pricing or commercial information.
The bid shall be typed or written in indelible ink and shall be signed by the Bidder or a person duly authorized by him. The authorization shall be indicated by a written power of attorney accompanying the Bid. All pages of the Bid shall be initialed by the person(s) signing the Bid.
The Bid shall contain no interlineations, erasures or overwriting except as necessary to correct errors made by the Bidder, in which case corrections shall be initialed by the person(s) signing the Bid.
09. SUBMISSION OF BIDS
The bidders shall duly seal the envelope with RED LAKH SEAL (Wax Seal). The bid should be addressed to Bank at the following address up to the time and date mentioned on page 2 of this document.
National Housing Bank,
Information Technology Department
Core 5-A, 3rd Floor, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003
10. LAST DATE AND TIME FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be received by the Bank at the address specified in the Bid Document not later than the specified date and time as specified in the Bid Document or as extended by the bank as per clause 6. In the event of the specified date of submission of bids being declared a holiday for the Bank, the bids will be received up to the appointed time on next working day.
11. LATE BIDS
Any bid received by the Bank after the deadline for submission of bids will be rejected and/or returned unopened to the Bidder, if so desired by him.
12. MODIFICATIONS AND/OR WITHDRAWAL OF BIDS
- Bids once submitted will be treated, as final and no further correspondence will be entertained on this.
- No bid will be modified after the deadline for submission of bids.
- No bidder shall be allowed to withdraw the bid, if the bidder happens to be a successful bidder.
13. CONTENT OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
13.1 Documents required in Technical Bid Envelope (Sealed Cover):
- Bidder’s information as per part “I” of Annexure-‘B’.
- Service Information as per part “II” of Annexure –‘B’.
- Undertaking Letter as per part “III” of Annexure –‘B’.
14. BID OPENING AND EVALUATION
The Bank will open the bid, in the presence of Bidders representative who choose to attend, at the time and date mentioned in Bid document at the address mentioned at clause-11 titled “Submission of Bids”.
The bidders or their representatives who are present shall sign register evidencing their attendance. In the event of the specified date of bid opening being declared a holiday for Bank, the bids shall be opened at the appointed time and place on next working day.
Bidders satisfying the technical requirements as determined by the Bank and accepting the terms and conditions of this document shall be short-listed for empanelment. Bank reserve right to accept or reject any technology proposed by the bidder without assigning any reason thereof. Decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and binding on the bidders.
15 Evaluation Criteria for the Bidding Process
The bids received from the firms would be evaluated on the basis of their technical competencies. Only the firms having the requisite qualifying technical score would be eligible for being empanelled.
Criteria and Point system for the evaluation of the Technical bids are as under:
|Criteria Points||(Max Marks)|
|1. Registration Certificate from Registrar of Firms / Company||Max Marks 10|
* No Registration applicable for Individual Proprietorship firm
|2. List of Clients (To whom Computer hardware, General Software Supplied)
(Only currently valid contracts (within last 5 years) considered for points award)
|Max Marks 30|
|3. Satisfactory Services Certificate (For supplying & installing computer hardware and general software items) by three Clients
(Should be current and valid)
|Max Marks 15|
|4. Track of being in the Business (Supply and installation of computer hardware including UPS and general software) atleast 7 years||Max Marks 10|
|5. ISO Certification or CMM level-II certification For Supply and Installation of Computer hardware and General software.|
|Max Marks 10|
|6. Technical & Qualified Manpower (Degree or Diploma in Engineering or its equivalent)||Max Marks 15|
|7. Turnover for Last 3 years (with respect to Services / Annual Maintenance Contract only)||Max Marks 10|
Bidders have to provide copies of supporting documents against each criteria mentioned above, without which bid may be rejected.
The minimum qualification score for the Bid for empanelment would be 70.
16. CLARIFICATIONS OF BIDS
To assist in the examination, evaluation and comparison of bids the bank may, at its discretion, ask the bidder for clarification and response shall be in writing and no change in the price or substance of the bid shall be sought, offered or permitted.
17. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
The Bank will examine the bids to determine whether they are complete, whether any computational errors have been made, whether required information has been provided as underlined in the bid document, whether the documents have been properly signed, and whether bids are generally in order.
The bid determined as not in order as per the specifications will be rejected by the bank.
18. CONTACTING THE BANK
Any effort by bidder to influence the bank in the bank’s bid evaluation, bid comparison or contract award decision may result in the rejection of the Bidders’ bid. Bank’s decision will be final and without prejudice and will be binding on all parties.
19. BANK’S RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY BID OR ALL BIDS
The bank reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders or any obligation to inform the affected bidder or bidders of the ground for the bank’s action.
Further, empanelment of vendors does not assure that work order will be issued to the vendor/vendors for Hardware /Software Items. Separate Commercial quotation will be asked from empanelled vendors as and when required.
20. SIGNING OF CONTRACT.
The successful bidder(s) to be called as vendor, shall be required to enter into a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the Bank, within 15 days of the award of the service order (when provided) or within such extended period as may be specified by the bank.
21. VALIDITY OF EMPANELMENT.
Two Years from the date of empanelment or as decided by the Bank.
Pre Qualification Criteria:
1. The bidder should be engaged in Server/PC, Computer Peripherals, General Software supply business in India at least for 3 years (Proof to be attached)
2. The bidder should have service support offices in NCR. Further, bidder should have support centre atleast at all metro cities in India including Hyderabad and Bangalore. (Supporting list of service centers / business allies as proof are to be attached.)
3. The annual turn over of the bidder should be atleast Rs. 2 Crores in the last three financial year. (Copy of audited Balance sheet is to be attached).
4. The bidder should be Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or authorized representative/distributor/re-seller of respective OEM. Proof has to be attached.
5. Bidder should quote on behalf of one OEM only for Desktop and Servers.
Note1: Bidders are to submit documentary proof to establish the qualification of the above mentioned criteria.
Note2: Bidders fulfilling all pre-qualification criteria will only be considered for further technical evaluation. Otherwise the bids will be rejected.
Annexure ‘B’ (Part-I)
|Names & Addresses of the Partners if applicable||____________________________________________________|
|Telephone, Fax, e-mail||____________________________________________________|
|Number of years of experience in Computer Hardware/Peripherals and General Software Supply Business:||____________________________________________________|
Please give brief financial particulars of your firm for the last 3 years along with the volume of business handled.
(The information will be kept confidential)
Seal of company
(FOR A PERIOD OF LAST 5 YEARS)
|Order Placed by Full Address of Purchaser||Order No. and Date||Description and Quantity of ordered Equipment/Items||Value of Order||Date of Completion||Remark reason for late delivery||Performance of equipment (Attach certificate from customer)|
|As per contract||Actual|
Signature and Seal of Bidder
PART – III:
Letter to be submitted by bidder along with bid documents
National Housing Bank,
Information Technology Department
Head Office Core 5-A,
3rd Floor, India Habitat Centre,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Reg: Our bid for Supplying computer hardware, peripherals, UPS and General Software items, as and when required by the bank.
We submit our Bid Document herewith.
If our Bid for the above job is accepted, we undertake to enter into and execute at our cost, when called upon by the bank to do so, a contract in the prescribed form. Unless and until a formal contract is prepared and executed, this bid together with your written acceptance thereof shall constitute a binding contract between us.
We understand that if our Bid is accepted, we are to be jointly and severally responsible for the due performance of the contract.
We understand that the names of short listed bidders for empanelment shall be communicated to the bidders either over phone/e-mail/letter.
Dated at ______ / ______ day of _______ 200_.